3000 - Concept and Roles in Business and Non-Instructional Operations
Concept and Roles in Business and Non-Instructional Operations
The Board of Education recognizes that finances and financial management are critical to the support of the whole school program. Budget planning is a cooperative process and should involve administrative staff, professional staff, employee associations, community organizations and the Board. To make that support as effective as possible, the Board of Education shall:
- Encourage advance planning through the best possible budget procedures.
- Explore all practical sources of financial support.
- Guide the expenditure of funds so as to extract the greatest educational returns.
- Establish top quality accounting and reporting procedures.
- Maintain the level of unit expenditure needed to provide high quality education within the ability of the community to pay.
The operation and maintenance of school plant and equipment shall set high standards of safety, to promote the health of students and staff, to reflect prudent management of available resources and to support environmentally the efforts of the staff to provide a good education.
Policy adopted: April 4, 2017
NEWTOWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Newtown, Connecticut