3516.33 - Do Not Resuscitate Order
Do Not Resuscitate Order
In the event a “Do Not Resuscitate” order is received from a licensed physician for a student in the Newtown Public Schools, the school nursing staff may honor the order providing the following criteria are met:
1. A written order from the physician is on file in the student’s health record.
2. A D.N.R. bracelet is in place on the student.
3. A copy of the “informed consent” form signed by the parent/guardian is on file in the student’s health record.
4. A written emergency care plan is in place for the student.
5. A registered nurse will be at the school where the student with the D.N.R. bracelet is in attendance.
Policy adopted: April 4, 2017
NEWTOWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Newtown, Connecticut